|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Or Less, Taste For Sweetness)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), heated to blood temperature|
1. Prepare a 9-inch flaky pie crust.
2. Pre heat an oven to 450°F
1. Use a medium sized work bowl.
2. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, combine eggs, honey, nutmeg and vanilla till ingredients are blended. Do not beat or whisk.
3. Gradually pour the scalded milk, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from coagulating.
4. Stain the custard and pour into prepared pie crust
5. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Decrease the oven temperature to 325°F and continue to bake pie till the custard sets and a knife when inserted in the center of the pie, comes out clean
7. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
8. Serve warm or chill and serve cold.
9. Top with fruit compote or sauce of your choice if desired.
10. Slice at the table.