Pineapple Cheese Pie
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 No 2 Can)|
|Cold water||2 Teaspoon|
|Creamy cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. In a saucepan cook crushed pineapple at low heat for about 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine water and cornstarch and fold in pineapple to it. Cook this mixture until it turns clear. When done remove from heat and cool it.
4. In a bowl add cheese, butter, and sugar and beat them well until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs in a gradual steps and blend it by beating after each addition.
6. Alternatively add flour to the mixture along with milk and vanilla.
7. Spoon pineapple mixture into unbaked pie shell and top it with cheese mixture.
5. Bake the mixture for 10 minutes at 450° F and bake for another 30 minutes by reducing the temperature to 350° F.
6. Serve the pie after teaming it with coffee.