Fruit Chicken Pie
|Boneless chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cut into bite-sized pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Tart apple||1 , pared and sliced|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned and chopped|
|Frozen puff pastry||8 3⁄4 Ounce, thawed (1/2 Of A 17 1/4 Ounce Package)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (For Glazing)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a large skillet, saute the onion in the melted butter until softened. Stir in the apple and curry powder and cook for further 5 minutes.
3) Sprinkle over the flour and mix well. Slowly stir in the broth, then simmer until thick and smooth.
4) Stir in the chicken, mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 5 minutes, then stir in the tomatoes and mix well.
5) In a 9-inch deep pie plate, evenly spread the mixture.
6) On a floured surface, roll out the pastry and cut off a strip around the pastry edge.
7) Slightly dampen the rim of the plate and press the strip of pastry onto the rim. Then dampen the strip and place the rolled pastry on top. Seal and flute the edges.
8) Nicely decorate with the pastry trimmings over the pie. Brush the pastry with beaten egg , pierce a small opening in the pie at the center.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
10) Slice and serve immediately.