Rainbow Ice Cream Pie
|Chopped mixed candied fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown edge/Vanilla wafer fine cookie crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole brown edge/Vanilla wafer cookies||12|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Pint|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
|Strawberry ice cream||1 Pint|
1. In a saucepan add candied fruits, pecans, corn syrup, sugar and orange juice and boil it. Reduce the heat and boil it for another minute.
2. When done remove from heat and fold in rum flavoring. Combine the mixture well and then chill it.
3. Fold in cookie crumbs and butter to the rum mixture and mix them well.
4. Spread the mixture over the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
5. Position these cookies in such a manner that they stand upright around the edges.
6. When done with all the preliminary preparations allow the mixture to cool by chilling it.
7. Add chocolate ice cream to a layer in the cookie crust and spray 1/4 of the sauce over its top.
8. Repeat he same procedure using the strawberry ice cream, vanilla and sauce.
9. Freeze the mixture until you plan to serve it.
10. Serve the mixture with remaining sauce.