Deep South Pie
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Molasses||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Unbaked 9 inch pie shell||1|
|Whole pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl add eggs and sugar and beat them until it gets fluffy.
3. Take a separate bowl and add sugar with crumbs, baking powder, flour, pecans, butter, vanilla and beaten eggs. Blend the mixture lightly.
4. Spread the mixture over buttered 9-inch pie plate.
5. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes at 350° F and cool off.
6. Serve after garnishing with apricot jam and cream.