Cheese And Apple Pie
|Pie crust mix||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Tart apples||1 Pound|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Glazing)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Follow the directions on the package to make the pie crust.
3) On a floured surface, roll our half of the pastry and line an 8-inch pie plate with it.
4) Take the apples and core, pare and thinly slice them. Arrange about half of the slices on the pastry and sprinkle immediately with half of the lemon juice and half of the golden raisins, sugar and cinnamon.
5) Place the remaining apple slices on the top and once again sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and raisins.
6) Evenly sprinkle the grated cheese all over the filling and brush the pastry's edges with milk. Roll out the remaining pastry and cover the cheese and apples. Use a sharp knife to trim around the edge of the plate.
7) Seal properly by pressing the edges of the pastry together firmly and make an attractive finish by scalloping or fluting.
8) In the center of the pie, make a small hole
9) To decorate the pie's top, roll out the pastry trimmings and cut out diamonds or leaves. Brush with some milk and fix the top.
10) With some milk, brush the pie's top and sprinkle a bit of sugar all over. Bake in preheated oven for nearly 20 minutes, turning the pie once so that it is evenly browned.
11) Bring the temperature of the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 20 more minutes or till the apples start to feel tender with pricked with a fine skewer.
12) Serve cold or warm, as preferred.