|Bermuda onions||2 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) With the pastry, line a 9-inch pie plate, prick the bottom and allow it to chill.
3) In a heavy sauté pan, heat the butter and sauté the onions till they are transparent and remove from the heat.
4) Beat the eggs well and add in the sherry, sour cream, seasoning and celery salt. Heat the mixture long enough to blend all the ingredients together and stir in the sauted onions.
5) With a lightly-beaten egg, brush the bottom of the pie shell and pour the filling into the shell. On top, arrange the strips of bacon.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 10minutes, reduce the heat to 300 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes or till the pastry is done.
7) Serve hot.