Fish And Oyster Pie
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Poached fish||3⁄4 Pound|
|Medium cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Pastry||1 (For 1 Crust 9 Inch Pie)|
|Egg/Milk||1 (For Glaze)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Clean the fish by removing any skin and bones and flake it.
3) Remove the oysters from their shells. Cook them in their own liquor and the wine till the edges start to curl. Drain the oysters and reserve the liquor.
4) Put the cleaned fish and oysters in a deep 8-9 inch pie plate and season with nutmeg, pepper and salt.
5) Make the sauce and add to it wine, oyster liquor, cream, onion and parsley. Pour the mixture all over the fish after correcting the seasoning. Dot with a little butter.
6) Dampen the edge of the pie plate and cover it with the pastry. Press the edges down properly. On top, make a slit or two to allow the steam to go out.
7) Glaze pie with milk or egg and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or till the pastry is well done.
8) Serve hot.