Spicy Spinach Pie
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced leeks/Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Phyllo dough sheets||10 Ounce, thawed if frozen (12 Sheets)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Steam leeks and carrots for about 8 to 10 minutes or till tender and keep aside.
3. Follow the cooking instructions given in the package to cook spinach. Drain and keep aside.
4. Take a medium bowl and prepare a mixture of Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
5. Take a 9-inch pie plate and grease generously using melted butter.
6. On the pie plate, arrange 6 phyllo sheets in such a way that they overlap the plate’s edge.
7. Apply melted butter in additional amounts.
8. Arrange spinach mixture topped with leeks, carrots and finally mushrooms.
9. Use remaining phyllo sheets to top spinach mixture.
10. Apply melted butter on the surface of phyllo sheets.
11. Roll upwards from edge to make a crust and seal.
12. In the preheated oven, bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or till it becomes golden.
13. Serve hot.