Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
|For sweet potato filling|
|Mashed cooked sweet potato||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For pecan topping|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Dash|
|Pecan halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
1. Prepare the pie shell and keep aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
3. Add eggs to a medium bowl and using a portable electric mixer, beat the eggs to turn fluffy. Add rest of the filling ingredients and at medium speed, continue to beat for 2 more minutes for the filling to become smooth. Keep aside.
4. Take another medium sized bowl, add eggs and using a portable electric mixer, beat to a fluffy level. Mix corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, melted butter and cinnamon and on low speed, beat for about 1 minute to blend the mixture. Add the pecans and keep aside the topping.
5. Take an unbaked pie shell and add the sweet potato filling to its bottom and spread evenly. Top with pecan topping and bake for about 60 minutes to 70 minutes or till a knife when inserted into the middle comes non-sticky.
6. Take out, transfer to a rack and cool thoroughly.
7. Garnish with whipped cream and serve.