Chicken And Celery Pie
|8 inch double crust pastry||1|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||4 , sliced diagonally|
|Blanched slivered almonds||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Medium cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg/Milk||1 (For Glazing)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) With about half of the pastry line a pie plate of 8-inches.
3) For the filling, mix all the ingredients together and carefully season.
4) Turn mixture into the pastry shell and after moistening the edges of the pastry, put on the top crust. With the back of a knife, press the edges and with the pastry trimmings, decorate the top of the pie.
5) With milk or egg, glaze the pie and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or till the pastry is brown and crisp.
6) Serve hot.