|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Green food color||4 Drop|
|Lime peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a 9-inch pie dish, melt for 30 seconds and spread evenly across the dish.
2. Add ¼ cup sugar and crushed crackers and arrange on to the sides and bottom of the pan.
3. Using a fork, make perforations in the bottom and serrations on the edge.
4. Without covering, heat for about 1¾ minutes and allow to cool.
5. Take a deep baking dish, mix lime juice, gelatin, water, beaten egg yolks and ¾ cup of sugar, cover, without covering, for about 2 minutes.
6. Stir and then cook for 1 minute more, mix lime peel and color and allow to cool, but prevent the mixture from hardening.
7. Using a whisk, whip the egg whites and mix rest of the sugar.
8. Take a deep bowl and whip the cream till it stiffens.
9. Mix egg whites and the lime juice mixture with the cream.
10. Transfer to pie shell and keep in the refrigerator for 4 hours to chill.
11. Slice and serve.