Fresh Peach Pie
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Peaches||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Evaporated milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Line one-half of pastry over the 8-inch pie plate.
3. In a bowl blend together sugar, nutmeg, salt, cornstarch and egg yolk.
4. Combine sliced and peeled peaches, melted butter or margarine, evaporated milk and lemon juice and blend it with sugar mixture.
5. Seal top and set it for baking.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes at 450° F and continue baking for about 35 minutes at reduced temprature of 350° F.
7. Serve as required.