|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint|
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F.
2. In a bowl whip cream of tartar and egg whites using electric mixer. Whip the mixture until it turns stiff.
3. Fold in 1 cup of sugar gradually by adding 1 tablespoon at a time. Whip it well after each addition until the mixture turns glossy and stiff.
4. Spread this mixture over bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
5. Bake this mixture about 1 hour in a low heat oven ( 275° F) until its top gets lightly browned.
6. In a seperate bowl whip egg yolks, and blend in remaining sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and salt.
7. Take double boiler and add the egg yolk mixture to its top and cook it over boiling water until mixture becomes thick.
8. When done remove from heat and allow it to cool.
9. Take a bowl and beat 1 cup of cream until it gets stiff and add it to the cooked egg mixture.
10. Spread the mixture over meringue shell and chill it in refrigerator for a day.
11. Serve after topping with whipped cream.