|Leeks||6 Medium, washed, trimmed, and sliced thin|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce, softened (2 Packages)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Roll out pastry to fit into a 9-inch pie pan, and flute the edges. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, place leeks pour boiling water over them and add 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. Cover pan and simmer for 10-12 minutes
5. Drain leeks and set aside.
6. In another saucepan, combine evaporated milk, milk, cream cheese, and remaining salt.
7. Heat over medium low flame for 10 minutes, whisking with a wire whisk until cheese has melted to get a smooth thick sauce.
8. Add a little hot sauce into yolks, then add to the sauce.
9. Add boiled leeks and season sauce with pepper and mace.
10. Pour the leek filling into the pie shell
11. Bake, for 45-50 minutes until filling is set and crust lightly browned.
12. Remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack.
13. Cut pie into wedges and serve warm.