Chicken And Mushroom Spud Pies
|Baking potatoes||4 Large|
|Chestnut mushrooms||250 Gram, quartered|
|Milk||2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Cooked chicken breasts||2 , shredded|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
2. In an oven proof dish, microwave the potatoes for 10 minutes on HIGH, turning them after 5 minutes of cooking.
3. When cool enough to handle, halve the potatoes and scoop most of the potato from the skins. Arrange them on a baking sheet.
4. In a bowl, combine the scooped potato with 3 tablespoons of milk and mash to a smooth puree with a fork. Set aside.
5. In a non stick skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
6. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and fry until golden brown.
7. Stir in the corn flour and sauté with the mushrooms..
8. Gradually pour in the milk stirring constantly until well blended to form a smooth sauce.
9. Simmer the sauce over a low flame, stirring continuously until it has thickened.
10. Take pan off the heat and stir in the seasonings, chicken and parsley.
11. Spoon the chicken and sauce into the potato shells on the baking sheet.
12. Bake the potato shells for 10 to 15 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden.
13. Serve the chicken and mushroom spud pies with salad of your choice.