Coconut Crunch Pie
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pie shell||1|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl add egg yolks and beat them well using electric mixer.
3. Add sugar, salt, milk, buttter and extracts to this mixture and beat them well. Then stir in coconut.
4. In separate bowl beat egg whites until they turn stiff and gradually fold it to egg yolk mixture. While beating egg whites mixture ensure that they dont turn dry.
5. Pour the mixture into pie shell.
6. Bake the mixture in moderate oven at 350° F for about 35-40 minutes. Ensure that the mixture is cooked properly by inserting knife into the center of the dessert. If the knife comes clean then that means the mixture is correctly cooked.
7. Serve after teaming it with coffee.