Quick Shepherd's Pie
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced lamb/Beef||500 Gram|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed or chopped|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Celery stick||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled and chopped or grated|
|Leeks||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Tomato puree||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||75 Gram (Optional)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 170C/ and conventional 190C/gas 5.
2) Peel the potatoes and chop them into equal sized pieces.
3) Take a medium sauce pan and place the chopped potatoes in it covering with cold water mixed with a pinch of salt.
4) Place lid on pan and heat it on medium heat until potatoes turn tender.
5) Take a large frying pan and heat olive oil in it.
6) Add the mince to it and break it with the aid of a wooden spoon.
7) Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes over high heat until mince gets browned all over.
8) Add the thyme, leeks, celery, garlic and onions to it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
9) Add the tomato puree and cook for a minute extra placing it over medium heat.
10) Reduce the heat and bring it to low.
11) Add Worcestershire sauce and crumble the cube of stock in the pan by stirring well.
12) Season with pepper and salt according to taste.
13) Take an oven proof dish and transfer contents to it.
14) Allow to cool slightly.
15) Drain the softened potatoes by means of a colander.
16) Place in a saucepan and add milk, butter along with a pinch of pepper and salt.
17) Mash well until there are no remaining lumps.
18) Add the mashed potatoes on top of the minced meat mixture and smoothen it over the edges.
19) Make a pattern on top with the help of a spoon.
20) Sprinkle the cheese over it.
21) Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes until it turns golden and is crisp on top.
22) Drizzle the dressing and serve.