Turkey and Ham Pie
|Frozen puff pastry||8 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (1/2 Of 17 1/4-Oz Package)|
|Chopped cooked turkey||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , chopped cooked ham|
|Egg||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), little beaten (To Glaze)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , finely grated peel and juiced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and give it a shape slightly larger then a 9-inch deep pie plate.
3) All around the edge of the pastry, cut off a long narrow strip and keep it along with the trimmings.
4) In the pie plate, mix together the ham and turkey and arrange the egg quarters on top.
5) To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small saucepan and sprinkle in the flour. Stir over low flame for a minute or 2 till the mixture is straw colored.
6) Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk gradually. Return to the flame and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thick and smooth.
7) Take the pan off the heat again and stir in the parsley, lemon peel and juice. With salt and pepper to taste, season the sauce and allow it to cool. Pour it all over the ham and turkey in the pie dish.
8) With water, brush the pie plate's rim and press the pastry's narrow strip all around the rim. With some water, brush the strip and place a large piece of pastry on the top. Seal and flute the pastry's edge after trimming it.
9) With the pastry trimmings, make decorative leaves and brush the undersides with water. Place on the pie's top and brush the pie with a beaten egg. Make a small hole in the center of the pastry lid with has been glazed.
10) Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, till the pastry has risen well and is golden brown.
11) Serve cold or hot.