Ranch Style Egg And Potato Pie
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Thinly slice and place the potatoes in a cold water bowl, drain well and dry over a paper towel.
2) In a large heavy skillet or a flameproof casserole, heat the oil for 1-2 minutes over a medium-low heat.
3) Spread and slightly press down the potato slices, then saute without stirring until crisp and cooked.
4) Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt, pepper, chives, and cheese.
5) Individually crack the eggs in a cup and gently slide them over the cheese.
6) Bake without the lid for about 5-8 minutes until the eggs are cooked as desired.
7) Slice into portions and serve in nice plates.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2200 Calories from Fat 1289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.7%
Saturated Fat 51.3 g256.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1844.1 mg614.7%
Sodium 3446.4 mg143.6%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.6%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 101 g202.8%
Vitamin A 94.4% Vitamin C 256.3%
Calcium 136.9% Iron 78.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet