Apple And Raisin Pie
|Apples||8 Medium, peeled, cored and sliced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Double pie crust||1|
|Raisins||2 Tablespoon, soaked in water|
1. Preheat conventional oven to 450 degrees.
2. Top slices apples with lemon juice.
3. Take a bowl, add the apple, all purpose flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
4. Take a 9-inch pie plate, prepare it and arrange half the pie crust in it.
5. Mix seasoned apple and sprinkle butter and raisins as dots.
6. Spread the other half over the seasoned apples, seal the edges and using a fork, prick few holes on the mixture’s top.
7. Cook, without covering, for about 10 minutes or till apples turn soft.
8. In the preheated oven, keep the cooked pie mixture and bake for about 14 minutes or till the crust becomes golden brown.
9. Serve chilled or warm.
1. If the pie crust is bigger than 9 inches, slice off excessive sides.