This this fish is so creamy & delicious, my girls love it.
Dry white wine
8 1⁄2 Ounce
8 1⁄2 Ounce
1 4⁄5 Pound
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Handful)
1 Large, wisked with 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat the butter in a pan, add shallot until soft. Add wine & vermouth, boil until reduce by half. Add stock, reduce by half again
2. Add cream, reduce until cream consistency. Season with salt & pepper. Preheat oven 350ºF
3. Check the fish for bones, cut 1 inch chunks. Add fish, lime juice, parsley & mix. Pour in a baking dish bake for 25 minutes
4. Roll out the puff pasty, cut 4 ovals, put them on a baking sheet & brush with egg
5. Remove the fish from the oven, raise the temperature to 375ºF, bake the pastry for 10-12 minutes until golden
6. Serve on a plate, top with the oval pastry
Takes a little while, but it’s worth it. If you don’t have fish stock, substitute with chicken stock. I hope you like it. This video is a creation of solcooking. You can visit solcooking for complete recipes, and more videos.
Meat pies rich with texture and flavor are fabulous ideas to please special guests for dinner. Check out this recipe to make Fish Pie in Oval Pastry using fish filets, vegetables and some simple seasonings.