KC Pomering of G-Free Foodie shows you how to make a Gluten Free Double Pie Crust to use for your favorite pie or quiche.
Gluten free flour blend
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Baker's sugar/White sugar
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), partially melted
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Ice cold water
1. In a food processing jar take flour blend, baker sugar, xantum gum and salt. Blend for few minutes.
2. Add in the butter, spectrum shortening, egg white, ice cold water and vanilla. Process again and make dough.
3. Take out the dough and divide into two parts. Place in a saran wrap and keep in fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and place over a wax paper. Cover with another wax paper and roll with rolling pin.
5. Place in a pie crust.
6. Fill pie crust with your favorite filling and bake. Serve for dessert.
Pies can be not so good for people with gluten and lactose allergies. Watch KC Pomering of G-Free Foodie showing how to make a Gluten Free Pie Crust using gluten free substitutes for flour, dairy and shortening.