Ricotta Pie Dessert
|Ricotta cheese||1 Pound|
1. In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, salt, sugar, flour and egg yolks.
2. Mix with a mixer until very smooth - about 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix the egg whites until there are stiff peaks. This takes about 1 1/2 min. on high with a mixer using the whisk attachments.
4. When ready, gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture until well blended.
5. Meanwhile flour the cake pan lightly or spring form pan. (see tip below if unsure how to do this).
6. Pour the mixture gently into the pan and give a good tap on the counter to make level.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 35 minutes.
8. Remove from oven when done and let cool for about 1 hour (if you can wait that long). The pie will "deflate" so do not worry when that happens.
9. When ready to serve, top with strawberries and confectioners sugar. Enjoy!
This video is a creation of simpleitaliancooking. You can visit simpleitaliancooking for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.1 mg43.7%
Sodium 133.9 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet