I decided to create this recipe not because I wanted to, but because my husband kept talking about how he wanted me to learn it - he absolutely loves ricotta pie. So after comparing recipes and modifying quantities and ingredients to suit my own tastes, I finally came up with an easy and delicious recipe. Now I'm a fan of ricotta pie too. I hope you try it - it makes a great dessert and will impress your family and friends!
1. In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, salt, sugar, flour and egg yolks.
2. Mix with a mixer until very smooth - about 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix the egg whites until there are stiff peaks. This takes about 1 1/2 min. on high with a mixer using the whisk attachments.
4. When ready, gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture until well blended.
5. Meanwhile flour the cake pan lightly or spring form pan. (see tip below if unsure how to do this).
6. Pour the mixture gently into the pan and give a good tap on the counter to make level.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 35 minutes.
8. Remove from oven when done and let cool for about 1 hour (if you can wait that long). The pie will "deflate" so do not worry when that happens.
9. When ready to serve, top with strawberries and confectioners sugar. Enjoy!
This video is a creation of simpleitaliancooking. You can visit simpleitaliancooking for complete recipes, and more videos.
Wish to have a yummy dessert that will earn you great rave reviews in your next gathering? Then this easy-to-tote dessert is sure to dazzle your crowd. Stuffed with creamy ricotta cheese, this deliciously decadent dessert tastes divine and is a doddle to make too. Don't believe. Then stream the full video and watch it and be pleasantly surprised.