Cranberry Chiffon Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄3 Ounce (1 1/2 Envelopes, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Canned whole cranberry sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baked spicy walnut meringue shell||1|
1. Add gelatin to the bowl and soften it using cold water.
2. Fold in 2/3 cup of the sugar and cranberry sauce.
3. Boil the mixture and stir it continuosly.
4. When done remove from the heat and chill until the starts thickening.
5. Take a seperate bowl and add egg whites to it and beat the mixture until it forms soft peaks. Slowly blend in cream of tartar and salt.
6. Fold in remaining 1/3 cup sugar to form meringue.
7. Take a seperate bowl and add cream to it. Whip the cream until it becomes arid and stiff.
8. Fold in meringue and arid cream to cranberry filling.
9. Spoon it to the shell and chill until the mixture becomes firm.
10. Serve after garnishing with walnut halves and whole cranberries.