Strawberry Chiffon Pie
|Unflavored gelatin envelope||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|White corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), whipped|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
1. Take a bowl and add cold water to it. Soften the gelatin over it.
2. Take a double boiler and add egg yolks towards its top and beat it slightly.
3. Fold in corn syrup, and heat the mixture over boiling water for about 5 minutes by stirring it constantly.
4. Pour in gelatin and stir until it gets completely dissolved.
5. Cool the mixture slightly.
6. Add strawberries and lemon juice in a bowl and mix it with gelatin mixture.
7. Thicken the mixture by chilling it.
8. Take a bowl and add egg whites to it. Beat it until it becomes stiff. Don't allow it to dry. Gradually fold in the sugar.
9. Add strawberry mixture and whipped cream.
10. Spoon the mixture to baked pie shell.
11. Chill the mixture throughouly.
12. Serve as per the requirement.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.8 mg34.3%
Sodium 286.3 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 30.9%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet