|Giblets||1 Cup (16 tbs), adjust quantity as per availability|
|8 inch two crust pie pastry||1 (Basic)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lean bacon slice||6|
|Egg||1 Tablespoon (To Glaze)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or As Required, To Glaze)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Wash the giblets and in salted water, simmer till they are tendered. Drain and reserve some of the stock.
3) From the neck of the chicken, remove the meat and chop the kidney, heart and liver. Add salt and pepper to flour and coat pieces with the mixture.
4) With half of the pastry, line a deep 8 to 9-inch pie plate and put in sliced eggs, mushrooms, bacon and nearly half of the giblet meat. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons full of the reserved giblet stock. Cover with the remaining meat.
5) With the remaining pastry, cover the meat and press the edges well together. With the trimmings make a decoration for the pie’s top. Glaze with milk or egg and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6) Reduce the oven’s temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 832 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 572.1 mg190.7%
Sodium 813.1 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 39 g77.6%
Vitamin A 238.2% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 9% Iron 49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet