Blackberry And Apple Pie
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Superfine sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Cooking apples||1 Pound|
|Blackberries||3 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Take a bowl and sift flour in it.
2) Peel, scrape, and dice the apples.
3) Pour butter and blend until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4) Beat in egg yolk, sugar, and water to make a dough.
5) Roll half amount of dough and line a pie dish.
6) Mix it with blackberries, sugar, and cinnamon.
7) Arrange thr fruit mixture in the pie dish.
8) Brush the edges of the dough with cold water and roll it on top of the pie dish.
9) Seal and make a whole on top so that the steam can escape.
10) Sprinkle sugar and bake at 425 degree F until the dough turns golden brown.
11) Reheat at 350 degree , gas mark 4.
12) Allow to cool and serve.
To bring in variations you can also use fruits like cherries, apricots, apples, or gooseberries.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.7 mg35.6%
Sodium 7.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 16.2%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 18.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet