Apple And Pear Pie
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Glazing)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , grated peel|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, diced|
1) Make the pastry by sifting the flour, confectioners' sugar, salt and coriander in a large bowl. Cut the mixture in shortening and butter till it starts to look like fine bread crumbs.
2) In the center of the pastry, make a well. Beat the orange juice, water and egg yolk together properly and pour the mixture into the well.
3) Form a firm ball by gradually drawing the flour mix into the egg mix. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes after wrapping in plastic wrap.
4) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
5) Roll out half of the pastry on a lightly floured surface and line a 9-inch pie plate with it. Keep the trimmings.
6) In a bowl, combine together the water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to make the filling. Pare and core the fruit and slice into water to keep it from turning brown.
7) Drain the fruit properly and add the orange peel, lemon juice, flour and brown sugar. Mix the contents together properly.
8) Into the pastry lined pie plate, spoon the fruit and dot with some butter. With water, brush the pie's edges and top with the remaining crust. Trim the edges, seal by pressing and then flute the edges.
9) With the pastry trimmings, make the decorations, brush the undersides with water and press the garnish on the pie.
10) In the pie's top, make a hole and glaze the entire preparation with milk.
11) Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or till the center is bubble and the crust has turned golden brown.
12) Serve warm or cold, as preferred.