Haddock And Tomato Pie
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled, seeded and halved|
|Cooked flaked haddock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Sift together the salt and flour, cut in the butter and shortening and mix in a beaten egg. Add water if needed and set the mixture aside to chill for as long as possible.
3) Line a pie plate which is 7-inches deep and bake ‘blind’.
4) Add onion to heated butter and sauté till it is tendered. Stir the flour in and milk, stirring till the mixture is boiling. Remove from heat and add the beaten eggs and seasoning.
5) In the pastry shell, arrange the fish and tomatoes with cut-side down and season. Pour the prepared sauce and sprinkle cheese all over.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Serve hot with a plain tossed green salad on the side.