Egg and Mint Pie
|For wholemeal pastry|
|Wholemeal flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Vegetable margarine||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, cooked and mashed (455 Gram)|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) With hald of he pastry, line a pie dish which has been properly greased and cover with a layer of mashed potatoes.
3) Over the top of the potatoes, crack the eggs, ensuring that the yolks are left intact.
4) Sprinkle freshly chopped mint liberally all over and cover with the remaining pastry.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
6) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2223 Calories from Fat 1028
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g177.8%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g116.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg282%
Sodium 354.9 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.3%
Dietary Fiber 38.8 g155.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 66 g132.4%
Vitamin A 113.9% Vitamin C 157.1%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 93.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet