Bran Chocolate Cream Pie
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Crushed cornflakes||3 Ounce, crushed (75 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|All bran||1 Ounce, crushed (25 Gram)|
|Cooking chocolate||3 1⁄2 Ounce (90 Gram, Plain)|
|Gelatin||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|Sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Double cream/Whipping cream||150 Milliliter|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F, 190° C
2. Grease an 8 inch flan tin or pie dish generously with butter.
3. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter on a low flame. You can also melt the butter in the microwave.
4. Add the cornflakes, sugar and all-bran to the butter and stir until mixed well.
5. Turn the mixture into the greased flan tin and press to spread evenly on the base and side of the tin.
6. Place the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Remove the flan tin from the oven and leave the base to cool.
8. Grate 2 tablespoons of chocolate and keep it aside for garnishing.
9. In a small cup, soften gelatin in water
10. In a small clean and dry bowl, break the chocolate into pieces and place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Do not allow the bowl to touch the water in the saucepan.
11. Take the bowl away from the heat.
12. Place the cup of softened gelatin in the pan of hot water until dissolved.
13. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolk and sugar until creamy.
14. Stir in the melted chocolate and the dissolved gelatin.
15. In a medium size clean and dry work bowl, whip the cream until stiff.
16. Reserving 2 tablespoons of the cream for garnish, gently fold the remaining cream into the chocolate mixture until well blended.
17. Pour the chocolate mixture into the flan tin and use a pallet knife or a spatula to spread evenly until it covers the prepared crust. Gently tap the flan tin on the work surface to level the filling.
18. Cover the tin with plastic wrap.
19. Place the pie in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or until set and chilled.
20. At the time of serving, remove pie from the refrigerator
21. Pipe reserved cream using a piping bag with star nozzle and sprinkle the grated chocolate to decorate.
22. Slice at the table.