Bacon Crust Pie
|For bacon crust|
|Ground lean bacon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||6 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Mix together all the ingredients for the crust and knead properly. Press the dough into the bottom of a pie plate of 8 to 9-inches and flute round the edges.
3) Mix together the oregano, salt, rice, tomato puree, pepper and 1 cup of cheese. Spoon the mixture into the pie shell and cover with waxed paper.
4) Bake the preparation in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Take off the paper and sprinkle the remaining cheese all over.
6) Under a broiler, brown the preparation lightly.
7) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2201 Calories from Fat 1061
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.8%
Saturated Fat 60.4 g302%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 310.4 mg103.5%
Sodium 3933.6 mg163.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 179 g357.1%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 91%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet