|8 inch two crust pie pastry||1|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced thinly|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) With about two-thirds of the pastry, line a pie plate of 8-inches.
3) In a pan, put the milk and add bay leaf, mace and peppercorns. Place mixture of very low flame to infuse and strain off the milk. Discard the flavourings.
4) In the same pan, heat about half of the butter and add the onions. Saute them till they are soft but not colored and add the mushrooms. Increase the heat a little bit and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Put the remaining butter in and stir in the flour.
5) Add milk very gradually to the mixture and stir till it is boiling. Remove from the heat and add egg yolk, cream and seasoning.
6) Allow the mixture to cool and then out it in the pastry shell.
8) Take the remaining pastry and roll it out. Cut into thin strips.
9) Over the pie, arrange the strips in lattice form and press the ends of the strips properly down onto the edge of the pastry.
10) Brush with a beaten egg and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
11) Serve hot with a green salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1927 Calories from Fat 1096
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.1%
Saturated Fat 59.9 g299.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 557 mg185.7%
Sodium 1144.6 mg47.7%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g59.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A 46.6% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 40.2% Iron 37.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet