|8 inch two crust pie pastry||1|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced thinly|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) With about two-thirds of the pastry, line a pie plate of 8-inches.
3) In a pan, put the milk and add bay leaf, mace and peppercorns. Place mixture of very low flame to infuse and strain off the milk. Discard the flavourings.
4) In the same pan, heat about half of the butter and add the onions. Saute them till they are soft but not colored and add the mushrooms. Increase the heat a little bit and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Put the remaining butter in and stir in the flour.
5) Add milk very gradually to the mixture and stir till it is boiling. Remove from the heat and add egg yolk, cream and seasoning.
6) Allow the mixture to cool and then out it in the pastry shell.
8) Take the remaining pastry and roll it out. Cut into thin strips.
9) Over the pie, arrange the strips in lattice form and press the ends of the strips properly down onto the edge of the pastry.
10) Brush with a beaten egg and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
11) Serve hot with a green salad.