Curried Vegetable Pie
|Mixed vegetables||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), roasted|
|Short crust pastry||1|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pie dish, place the vegetables, pour sauce on top and add nuts.
3. Cover top with the rolled pastry and brush top with a little milk.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until pastry is brown.
5. Spoon Curried Vegetable Pie and serve with a tangy or sweet and sour salad.
The best combination of vegetables for this dish are peas, cauliflower, carrots and mushrooms or celery, tomatoes and onions.
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.5%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.75 mg0.25%
Sodium 51.9 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.1%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet