|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|String beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast extract gravy/Soup powder||To Taste|
|Mustard crumb topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and cut potato into rings.
3. Cut carrot in oval.
4. Thinly slice onion.
5. Slice beans.
6. In a saucepan of boiling water; cook carrot, potato and beans for 10 minutes until they are all cooked; drain and reserve cooking liquid.
7. In a pan, sauté onion in oil until crisp.
8. Using the cooking water, make a yeast extract gravy or mix soup powder with water.
9. Stir in seasoning, herbs and sautéed onion.
10. Add to the cooked vegetable.
11. Into a greased pie dish, transfer the mixture and cover top with mustard crumbs.
12. Add grated cheese and bread in between and bake for about 20-25 minutes until top is brown.
13. Serve vegetable pie alongside a meat dish.
Add more gravy or soup from the sides if the pie is very dry.
A small tablespoon of brewers yeast may be added to the gravy for extra nutritional value.
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg6.3%
Sodium 609 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 114.4% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet