Crustless Pumpkin Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Cooked mashed pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with oil or unsalted butter
2. In a small bowl, soak gelatin in cold water, to soften.
3. Prepare a double boiler. Use a sturdy 2- or 4-quart sauce pan. Fill the sauce pan with 2 or 3 inches of water and bringing it to a steady boil. Reduce the heat so that the water is just below boiling point
1. Use a medium sized heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. Combine cooked and mashed pumpkin with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in the bowl.
3. Gradually beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
4. Pour in the milk and stir until well blended.
5. Put the saucepan over double boiler.
6. Cook stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens to the consistency of custard.
7. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the softened gelatin into the custard until dissolved.
8. Allow the sauce to cool slightly.
9. In a clean, dry and grease free glass bowl, beat the egg whites and honey till stiff.
10. Fold egg whites into the pumpkin custard.
11. Pour the mixture into the greased pie dish.
12. Chill in the refrigerator till firm and set.
13. Serve cold with sweetened whipped cream flavored with pumpkin spice and rum
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215.2 mg71.7%
Sodium 419.9 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 91.4% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet