Chocolate Polka Dot Pie
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), divided|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Semi sweet chocolate||11 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|10 inch baked pie shell||1|
1. Add gelatine, cornstarch and 1/3 cup of sugar to the top of double boiler. And gradually add milk to it.
2. Dissolve the gelatine and sugar by placing the boiler over hot water.
3. In a bowl beat egg yolks using electric mixer, and mix it with small amount of hot mixture from boiler and return the whole to double boiler. Cook the mixture by stirring it constantly . Continue to cook till the mixture turns thick.
4. Add 3/4 package of semi-sweet chocolate morsels to 1 cup of the gelatine mixture and stir until the chocolate is melted. When done set the mixture aside.
5. Add vanilla to the remaining custard and cool it by chilling until it attains the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
6. In a seperate bowl add egg whites until stiff along with it add salt and 1/3 cup of sugar and beat it continuosly.
7. Add vanilla-gelatine mixture to it along with whipped cream.
8. Put chocolate mixture into baked pie shell. And top chocolate layer with vanilla custard mixture and chill this mixture until firm.
9. Spread remaining chocolate morsels over the pie in upside down manner until it resembles polka dots.
10. Serve the dessert chilled.