Quick Coconut Pie
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butterscotch pudding mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|8 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Take a saucepan coconut and butter to it.
3. Cook the mixture over medium heat until the coconut becomes golden brown. Ensure that the mixture is stirred constantly.
4. Take half of the coconut from the saucepan and reserve it for future use.
5. Fold in pudding mix and milk to the coconut and boil it over medium heat. Ensure that the mixture is stirred constantly.
6. When done remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes and stir if at least once or twice.
7. Add the mixture to pie sheel and cool it for an hour.
8. Take a bowl and add brown sugar and cream to it. Stir in the reserved coconut.
9. Spoon the mixture carefully over the cooled pie.
10. Bake the mixture for 15 minutes at 425° F until it top gets bubbly.
11. Serve cold or warm as per ones taste preferences.
Calories 418 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 388.7 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 35.1 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet