MUSHROOM AND TOMATO PIE
|Thin white sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare mushrooms and finely chop.
3. In a saucepan, gently fry mushrooms in oil.
4. Grease a pie dish and sprinkle with fried breadcrumbs.
5. Fill the dish with alternate layers of fried mushrooms and sliced tomatoes.
6. Sprinkling chopped nuts, onions, parsley, seasonings and very little mace on every layer.
7. Pour enough white sauce to cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
8. Serve hot mushroom and tomato pie with crispy potatoes and salad.
1. For a crusty top, a thin layer of mashed potatoes can be spread on top.
2. Dot with butter and brown.