Artichoke Cheese Pie
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped (As Needed)|
|Short crust pastry||1|
1. Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
2. Wash, peel and dice artichokes.
3. In a bowl of water, put 2 teaspoons of vinegar and add artichokes to it until cooked.
4. In a pan, heat butter and stir in flour; cook for 3 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from heat and gradually stir in the milk.
6. Return pan to heat and cook the sauce for 5 minutes with constant stirring; season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. In another saucepan of boiling salted water, cook artichokes for 20 minutes until they are just soft; drain well.
8. In a greased pie dish, place the cooked artichokes and pour the sauce over it.
9. Cover rim of dish with a strip of pastry and moisten strip.
10. Cover the dish with a layer of pastry.
11. Using a knife, make few holes on top and brush with milk.
12. Bake in hot oven for about 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
13. Serve hot artichoke cheese pie with some French fries.