Tangy Lemon Pie
|9 inch graham cracker crust||1|
|Lemon pudding and pie filling mix||3 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cream cheese package||3 Ounce, cut into chunks (1 Package)|
1) Microwave the crust and cool.
2) In large bowl, add the 1/2 cup sugar, pudding mix, water, egg yolks and lemon juice and blend well.
3) Thicken the mixture in the microwave at 8 for 5 1/3 to 8 minutes, stirring twice.
4) Beat in the cream cheese and lemon peel and let it cool.
5) Beat well to foam the egg whites.
6) Slowly beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar to form stiff peaks.
7) In the cool filling, fold in the beaten egg whites.
8) Into the prepared crust, pour the mixture.
9) Allow to chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
10) If desired, top over with the lemon slices and serve.