|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch pie crust||1|
1) Take the apples to core and thinly slice.
2) In a pan, pour ½ cup water and add the dates. Bring this to a boil and cook the dates for 10 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and stir in remaining ½ part of water.
4) Fold in apples and cinnamon into the date mixture.
5) In a pie crust, spread the mixture. Cover the pie with a top crust and secure the edges by pressing together with a fork. Prick in with the fork on the top crust for allowing the air to escape.
6) Set your oven at 350° and place the pie inside oven.
7) Bake this for 1 hour or until golden brown.
8) Allow the pie to cool down before slicing.
9) Add a scoop of home-made ice cream on top for serving.