|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch pie crust||1|
1) Take the apples to core and thinly slice.
2) In a pan, pour ½ cup water and add the dates. Bring this to a boil and cook the dates for 10 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and stir in remaining ½ part of water.
4) Fold in apples and cinnamon into the date mixture.
5) In a pie crust, spread the mixture. Cover the pie with a top crust and secure the edges by pressing together with a fork. Prick in with the fork on the top crust for allowing the air to escape.
6) Set your oven at 350° and place the pie inside oven.
7) Bake this for 1 hour or until golden brown.
8) Allow the pie to cool down before slicing.
9) Add a scoop of home-made ice cream on top for serving.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 161.1 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet