|Quick cooking tapioca||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blueberries||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Wild Or Cultivated Fresh)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|9 inch double crust pie pastry||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a clean large bowl, mix sugar, salt, blueberries, tapioca, and lemon juice.
3) Now, on a lightly floured board, roll out alf the pastry, about 1/8 inch thick and fit it into a 9 inch pie pan. Trim the edges of the pastry to fit at the rim of pie pan.
4) Spread the blueberry mixture on the pastry and dot with butter.
5) Next, roll out the remaining half of the pastry, again about 1/8 inch thick. Make an attractive design by cutting several 2 inch slits near its center.
6) Fold this in half or use a rolling pin gently and open the slits with a knife, to allow steam to escape during baking.
7) Now, wet your hands and moisten the edges of the bottom crust. Place the top crust over the filled bottom crust.
8) Seal the edges and gently press both the crusts together on the rim. Fold top crust's edges under the bottom crust's and flute.
9) Place the pie pan in preheated oven and bake for about 55 minutes or until the filling syrup bubbles.
10) Serve hot or cold.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 86 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 49.7 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet