|Cooked prunes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Prune liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|8 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon flavoring||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Remove the stones from prunes using a small paring knife and cut in half.
3) Peel orange and remove the inner white skin. Dice orange
4) Take a saucepan and mix cornstarch, sugar and salt in it.
5) Stir in prune liquid and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir continuously until mixture thickens.
6) Now blend in butter, prune halves and diced oranges and cook further for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
7) Spread the mixture into the pie shell.
8) Next, whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Blend in sugar and flavoring and continue whisking until stiff peaks are formed.
9) Spread the egg mixture over the pie filling.
10) Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until crust is lightly tanned.
11) Serve hot or cold.
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 186.4 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 41.1 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet