Cheese Apple Pie
|Sliced apples||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated american cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a large bowl mix apples, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
3) Spread this mixture in a deep dish pie pan.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 2/3 cup flour. Use a pastry blender or two knives, to cut in the butter.
5) Fold in cheese and toss lightly.
6) Drizzle this mixture in the pie pan over the apple mixture.
7) Place the pie pan in preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. or until apples are tender.
8) Serve hot or cold with cheese wedges.
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.9 mg14.3%
Sodium 3.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet