Squash and Cheese Pie
|Cooked squash||3 Cup (48 tbs), drained|
|8 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Cream sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 400° F.
2. Cube the squash after draining it properly.
3. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper before arranging the cubes in a pastry shell.
4. Take a bowl and mix in most of the cheese and egg yolk.
5. Fold the stiffly beaten egg white in order to prepare the sauce.
6. Add the sauce on top of the squash cubes.
7. Place tomato slices along the edges and sprinkle rest of the cheese in the center.
8. Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
9. Serve after garnishing with rolls of broiled bacon.