Coffee Coconut Prune Pie
|Strong coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned flaked coconut||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soft butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Prune juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a clean bowl mix together coffee and coconut. Let the mixture stand for about 30 minutes.
3) Now, take couple of paper towels and drain coconut between them and press it to dry. Don't rub he coconut to make it dry, par gently.
4) Take a 9 inch pie plate and evenly spread soft butter on the base and sides of the plate.
5) Next, spread the coconut on the pie plate, pressing firmly against the sides and base of the plate.
6) Place the pie plate in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Allow the pie to cool.
7) Take a large saucepan and mix orange rind, prune juice and chopped prunes in it. Place the saucepan on moderate heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
8) Once the mixture has boiled, remove the saucepan form heat.
9) Now, take a bowl and combine cheese and sour cream and whip them together until soft and fluffy.
10) Blend the whipped cheese-cream mixture in the saucepan containing the prune syrup.
11) Place the saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the mixture is smooth and thick. Stir continuously.
12) Allow the saucepan contents to cool slightly and then pour them into the pie shell.
13) Place the pie shell in refrigerator and chill.
14) Serve chilled.
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161 mg53.7%
Sodium 291.3 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 32.1 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet