Lamb And Potato Pies
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lamb||3⁄4 Pound, shoulder cut|
|Potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 450° F
2. Prepare the pastry and cut it into saucer sized rounds after rolling it out thinly.
3. Cut the meat into tiny pieces and mix with the herbs, seasoning, onion and potato.
4. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture.
5. Add an equal amount of meat mixture on top of each pastry round and fold it after damping the edges.
6. Press the edges and make a flute them with your fingers.
7. Take a baking sheet and place the pies in an upright manner on it.
8. Glaze with some milk or egg..
9. Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes or until it starts to turn brown.
10. Decrease the oven temperature to 350° F and cook for an additional 40 to 45 minutes.
11. Serve hot.