Veal and Ham Pie
|Veal fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hard boiled eggs||3|
|Consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (For A 9 Inch One Crust Pie)|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 325° F
2. Cube the ham and veal after trimming away the extra fat.
3. Take a bowl and mix all the herbs along with salt and pepper.
4. Take a deep pie plate sized 8 inches and arrange the ham, veal, favorings, herbs and egg slices alternately within it.
5. Add the consommé to it.
6. Moisten the pie plate edges before pressing down the pastry edges in it.
7. Decorate according to choice.
8. Create a hole in the middle and decorate with the pastry trimming leaves.
9. Brush lightly with beaten egg.
10. Place it in a pre heated oven and bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
11. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or leave undisturbed for the night.
12. Serve hot or cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2906 Calories from Fat 1810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 201 g308.8%
Saturated Fat 73.7 g368.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1598.8 mg532.9%
Sodium 3600.7 mg150%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 230 g460.1%
Vitamin A 79.1% Vitamin C 78.5%
Calcium 38.2% Iron 101.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet