Veal and Ham Pie
|Veal fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hard boiled eggs||3|
|Consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (For A 9 Inch One Crust Pie)|
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 325° F
2. Cube the ham and veal after trimming away the extra fat.
3. Take a bowl and mix all the herbs along with salt and pepper.
4. Take a deep pie plate sized 8 inches and arrange the ham, veal, favorings, herbs and egg slices alternately within it.
5. Add the consommé to it.
6. Moisten the pie plate edges before pressing down the pastry edges in it.
7. Decorate according to choice.
8. Create a hole in the middle and decorate with the pastry trimming leaves.
9. Brush lightly with beaten egg.
10. Place it in a pre heated oven and bake for 1 to 1 ¼ hours.
11. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or leave undisturbed for the night.
12. Serve hot or cold.